HEAD OF EDITORIAL CONTENT, BRITISH VOGUE
|
|
|
Of all the film festivals, Venice is hands down my favourite. I mean, nothing beats a red-carpet arrival via Riva speedboat. As far as the best-dressed celebs go, I definitely have some faves, starting with John Malkovich. (I spotted him at the bar of the Lido and almost tripped over with excitement – that ruffled Dior collar stole the night!) Somehow Emma Corrin looked absolutely flawless, too, despite having lost their luggage on the flight over.
I managed to make it back home to London in time for the opening of beloved hairstylist Charlotte Mensah’s 40th anniversary exhibit at Ladbroke Hall. A real treat. Meanwhile the frenzy around autumn’s fashion collabs is reaching fever pitch…
|
|
|
I persuaded my friend, colleague and longtime work wife Francesca Ragazzi, head of editorial content at Vogue Italia, to hop on a train from Milan and meet me in Venice for the premiere of Wild Horse Nine, Martin McDonagh’s buzzy dark comedy starring the aforementioned Malkovich. Fran always makes red-carpet dressing look so easy, where I tend to be a bundle of jangling nerves. When we met in the hotel lobby, I was relieved that my pink vintage-dress-over-Toteme-trousers combo was a match for her gorgeous floral Givenchy dress, and walking the red carpet together was definitely less daunting than doing it solo. Mission accomplished!
|
|
|
Simone Rocha’s Big New Collab
|
The moment Simone Rocha’s collection for Adidas hit the runway last season, editors sat up a little straighter in their seats: was this the collab of the season? The countdown to launch has been a big thing at BV HQ, and I, for one, had my picks bookmarked months in advance.
|
Charlotte Mensah’s “Community Matters”
|
Anyone who’s had the pleasure of visiting Charlotte Mensah’s Hair Studio on Portobello Road will tell you that it’s less like a salon and more like a cosy living room. Cups of tea, homemade cake, giggles and gossip are all part of the experience. (On a good day, you’ll find regular Zadie Smith working from her laptop while getting her hair braided.) Charlotte’s new exhibit celebrates 40 years of her beloved salon, with so many gorgeous pictures tracing her extraordinary path. My favourite images come from a series Manny Jefferson shot of Charlotte and Zadie in Ghana for the September issue of British Vogue. I urgently need one of them framed for my office.
|
|
|
Energy Striped Wool Track Pants
|
|
|
Milly embellished Whipstitched Suede Loafers
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment