HEAD OF EDITORIAL CONTENT, BRITISH VOGUE
|
|
|
At this time of year, we’re typically in choose-your-fighter mode here at BV HQ – at least when it comes to what to wear. The big mood in my wardrobe this season? Truthfully it’s still a work in progress, though I am truly excited to fire up my wardrobe with some of the debuts due to launch this month. Meryll Rogge’s first collection for Marni just landed, and I’m already lusting after the lace-up kitten heels – just divine! Then there’s Chopova Lowena’s new shop in east London. I just need to somehow maintain the tan from my summer hols as a foil to this fab new look…
|
|
|
Since they opened the doors last week, my feed has been flooded with posts from Chopova Lowena’s new – and first! – shop in Bethnal Green. Designers Emma Chopova and Laura Lowena are world-builders by nature, so it was no surprise to discover that their boutique has all the immersive, sensory charm of an exquisite little shop of fashion curiosities. They’re thinking of the space as a clubhouse more than anything else – so be sure to factor enough time to hang back and mingle once you’ve perused the (already famous) skirt bar.
|
|
|
Aaron Esh’s much-anticipated debut for All Saints is available at last, and he’s celebrating with an event that’s likely to bring out half of east London. The designer gave us first dibs on the collection – as modelled by gorgeous model Libby Bennett in the September issue. Fun fact: Libby fell in love with the fit of the jeans and asked if she could take them home with her (alas, they were a sample and had to be returned). The Savile Row-trained Esh is a master of cut and fit, and he’s clearly bringing those skills to denim.
|
I might be the last person in the world to have fallen in love with the Greek islands. Blame it on The Odyssey, but last week I landed on Crete, the mythical birth place of Zeus, for the first time. My sister-in-law had been raving about the pink sandy beaches of the Elafonisi Lagoon, which happens to be close to The Revery, where I stayed last week. The gorgeous hotel is literally carved into the cliffs and has its own private cove. Rarely do I feel like I’m worlds away from real life – and given the landscape, centuries away, too – but that’s exactly the vibe they’ve bottled here. Each of the rooms has its own special vantage point onto the sunset, which is pretty magical. The star gazing is next level, too.
|
|
|
Kat Lace-Up Leather Slingback Courts
|
|
|
Multicolor Patchwork Fitted Fleece Jacket
|
|
|
Nico Low-Rise Wide-Leg Jeans
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment