HEAD OF EDITORIAL CONTENT, BRITISH VOGUE
|
|
|
Cover reveal days always give me a touch of the butterflies. And let’s be real: there’s no bigger cover than a September cover. Which is why today – drum roll, please! – is quite a big day here at BV HQ. But more about that later...
I am currently in summer holiday prep mode – though to be perfectly frank, I’m a bit of a last-minute packer. (A few things have been languishing in my cart that I’m now hoping will arrive in time.) With that in mind, I’ll be taking a break from the newsletter for the next fortnight – see you all on the other side.
|
|
|
The starriest of British Vogue cover stars
|
|
|
I rarely find myself starstuck, but every now and again a celebrity comes along whose presence engulfs you like a cloud. I experienced this very peculiar sensation – similar to vertigo, maybe? – as I gingerly introduced myself to co-chair Nicole Kidman in the receiving line at the Met Gala. She’s gorgeous of course – and she was dressed in custom Chanel, so trust me, the effect was amplified – but there’s something more to it. She’s basically the definition of Hollywood royalty, a fashion law unto herself, and so I was absolutely thrilled when she agreed to be our September cover star. As you’ll discover from my colleague Giles Hattersley’s brilliant story, she’s had quite the summer of fun… by which I mean partying in Ibiza and rocking out at a certain British superstar’s live tour.
|
|
|
When it comes to accessories, handbags are not my specialist subject. I tend to lean towards practical styles for the day – basically they need to hold a laptop and look good doing it – and for evening I rarely stray from the small number of cherished Fendi Baguettes I’ve collected over the years. (I’m proud to say I scored the gold baguette of Sex and the City fame several years ago). So, I was surprised to find myself practically drooling over a new evening bag by The Veil, the cult bag line co-founded by Adwoa Aboah and Georgie Wright, when I spotted it on the arm of my friend and colleague Olivia Singer. The beaded floral details look even better in person and – bonus! – this bag is literally light as air. Now I’m just trying to narrow down which colour to go for, gold or black? Possibly both.
|
The only woman who gets me into the gym
|
Over the years I’ve tried and tried (and failed and failed) to get into a routine of going to the gym consistently. I’ll do classes (yoga, Pilates, you name it) and go on hikes all day long, but something about the gym has always eventually given me the ick. And then I met Darci Fistanic, Alo’s EMS training queen-in-residence. What’s EMS training you ask? Without getting too deep into the science, it’s a workout that uses electrical pulses to make your muscles contract. Sessions only last 20 mins but give you all the benefits of a much longer workout, which is obviously music to my ears. Plus the kit – a smorgasbord of sensors that you strap to your body – has a Lara Croft-meets-Trinity from The Matrix vibe that makes for some pretty fab gym selfies.
|
|
|
Lace-Trimmed Silk-Crepe Maxi Dress
|
|
|
|
Venti Printed Triangle Bikini
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment