The spring/summer 2027 season kicked off in Copenhagen this week – OK, technically it began with the men’s shows back in July – with New York transplants Collina Strada, Paolina Russo, Alectra Rothschild and Nicklas Skovgaard on its 20th-anniversary schedule. But, this being Copenhagen, it’s the crowds as much as the collections that draw the eye, with fashion’s most flamboyant dressers piling into show venues in crochet skull caps, gobstopper necklaces, bonkers skirts and heeled flip-flops. (I watched one guest arrive wearing a hairy swimming cap, a pinafore, Bermuda shorts and strappy sandals.) Say what you will, but there is a refreshing lack of self-consciousness to the city’s culture of street style – as my colleague Laura Hawkins observed, “peacocking show-goers make even the most eclectic dressers at London Fashion Week look pigeon-like by comparison”. And, I don’t know, if I were spending a week in the sun, drinking French 75s at Nimb, grazing on seafood at Fiskebar and swimming at La Banchina, I suspect I’d be tempted to wear a raffia pillbox sprouting turquoise feathers out of sheer happiness, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment