I am forever fascinated by what my colleagues are reading. I know, for instance, that my friend, British Vogue’s senior talent casting manager, Janay Bailey, will always have an excellent historical fiction recommendation for me. I know that if our global visuals director, Jamie Spence, lends me a book he loved, I will almost certainly finish it in 24 hours. I know that if our fashion writer, Olivia Allen, raves about a juicy pop cultural tome which promises to transport me back to the early 2000s, then I, of course, have to purchase it immediately. So, it has been an absolute joy to compile this survey of what the Vogue editors are reading this summer. I apologise to those I repeatedly harassed over email, or stood by their desks until they provided recommendations, but the result is a bumper crop of classics and brand new titles, unputdownable novels and gripping memoirs, and deep dives into everything from matriarchal societies to Medieval bodies. (A few titles kept coming up – I’ve now added Josh Silver’s Fruit Fly and Douglas Stuart’s recently Booker-longlisted John of John to my personal TBR.) All of which to say, if you’re off on holiday soon, these are the 34 or so books to pick up on your way to the airport. You’re welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment